Welcome to Port-Louis
IBL Shipping forms part of IBL Group, which is the largest business conglomerate incorporated in the Republic of Mauritius. Our wide-ranging activities in the maritime field make us a major player in this sector, both locally and regionally.
From our main base of operation in Mauritius and our extensive regional network, we provide reliable services to support our principals in their maritime activities in the Indian Ocean, which is the trade route for:
- Well-established East-West commercial exchanges
- Trade between industrialized countries of the Northern Hemisphere and many developing economies of the South.
Port-Louis has positioned itself to become a strategic bunkering hub.
We provide world class comprehensive Agency services to all types of ships calling at Port Louis including :
- Cruise Lines
- Specialized vessels
- Luxury yachts
- Fishing vessels/Reefer ships
- We have been agents for prestigious cruise lines for decades...
- IBL Shipping represents vessels of several naval forces during their calls at Port Louis...
- IBL Shipping has a section dedicated to the consignment of luxury Yachts cruising in our region...
- IBL Shipping has represented the largest Shipping Lines...
- IBL SHIPPING has a section dedicated to Fishing vessels and Reefer carriers...
IBL Shipping has been offering its services to the main stakeholders of the Shipping Sector since 1850 :
- We provide comprehensive Agency services
- We outsource bunker fuels and marine lubricants.
- We provide logistics support and ancillary services to all type of vessels
- Our long professional experience in the shipping sector and our extensive network enable us to offer you the highest...
- We source bunkers & lubes at very competitive prices for you, which can be delivered by pipeline at Quay or by barge at anchorage...
- Through our extensive network, we can source/store in dry & cold freeport warehouses...
- We can provide a wide range of ancillary services to meet all your requirements…
Major Boost in the Cruise Business Segment
The cruise business segment has witnessed a major boost in its activities following an intensive marketing campaign under the Cruise Vanilla Islands initiative, which comprises of Mauritius, Reunion Island, Madagascar and the Seychelles. Mauritius, which is already a world-renowned tourist destination, welcomes over 1 million tourists annually and efforts have been undertaken to develop the cruise business segment.
Port Louis Harbour is increasingly playing an important role in the growth of the island’s tourism industry through the development of facilities to accommodate cruise vessels. Statistics show that Cruise liners are showing a keen interest for the Indian Ocean destination. Mauritius not only aims to position itself as a world class cruise destination but also as a hub for the Vanilla Islands in the Indian Ocean region.
A dedicated cruise jetty located at Les Salines is operational since 2009. Port Louis has home port calls, in addition to transit calls made by cruise vessels on world cruises. Indian Ocean cruise itineraries are seasonal.The port is expected to have a total passenger traffic of over 40,000 passengers by 2025.
The cruise business segment is bringing substantial benefits to the local economy in terms of direct employment opportunities for Mauritians on board cruise vessels and other benefits linked to the supply of stores, water, bunker and inland tourism etc.